How to Get Government Assistance for Single Mothers 2018 - Single moms won’t have to worry about getting the proper help if they know how to get government assistance for single mothers 2018. After all, being single mom isn’t easy – especially on the money. Money does make a difference between struggling so hard and enjoying life in a leisure time. It is a good thing that there are quite many federal and state programs ready to help those with the right qualification.
These programs are coming in various forms and purposes. Some can help with scholarships and job placement while some can help with child care and housing. Some can even tackle specific needs, such as credit card debt and overdue bills. That’s why it would be a great idea if you can start the search and gather around the information. If you know the channel and the access there, you can get the assistance in the most effective arrangement.
Table of Contents
How to Get Government Assistance for Single Mothers 2018
Some of the General Programs
So, which channel can you get for single mother program? And how to get government assistance for single mothers 2018? Here are some of the options:
- Day Care Assistance. Do you realize that day care service can be super expensive? That’s why there are some programs that are dedicated for single parent, such as:
- State Assistance. Such a service is available in different state and it will check whether you are qualified for the grant. You need to apply to Department of Health and Human Services of USA.
- Help for Students. In case you are a studying mom, check with the school. Most schools would offer such a thing, but you need to check. Of course, each one will have different policies and regulations so be sure to check it thoroughly
- Tax Credits. You can get some quite generous saving that is up to around $600 a child. If your family is considered qualified for a special tax credit (known as Child and Dependent Care Credit), then you can save up money. When doing the tax, file for Form 2441.
- Sliding Scale Fees. Some day care services would offer sliding scale fee, intended to help low income families. You should check whether your local day care provides such a thing.
- Help for Military Families. The government often provides subsidies and help for military families. Although it basically depends on the branch of where you serve, some agencies can definitely provide a help.
- Housing assistance for single parent. Such a program is generally available on many levels, including federal and state levels. If you are considered qualified, you can get help such as affordable housing assistance, rental assistance, or low income housing. In case you have immediate or emergency need, you can get access to the emergency house – as long as you provide the proof. If you want to, you can also ask for help from private organizations – they often provide housing assistance programs for single parent or mom.
Help on the Finance
Let’s face it, money is one of the biggest and most crucial issues in life. Even with a family and spouse alone, struggling with money matter can still be difficult. Imagine when you have to do it alone – like most single moms. In most cases, they are dealing with credit card payment or late bills – which have become quite common issues for them. It would certainly help if these moms can get some grants to make their burden a bit lighter.
You probably don’t realize it, but getting a financial grant can make a huge difference in their lives. They can use it to pay utility bills and rent. A grant that can help with the credit card debts will be super helpful because you can spend more money on your kids. What are they?
- Credit Card Debt. If you want to check which sources to help with your credit card management, go to Single Mother Help website so you can see the list.
- Assistance with Utilities or Overdue Bills. If you have late payments on medical or utility bills, you can check USA.gov to see the provided assistance and programs. If you are considered qualified, you can get monthly help with some coverage on the utility bills.
Help on Tuition and Scholarships
Single struggling moms often strive to get better job. In order to do so, they need to have better (and higher) education too. Unfortunately, going to school or college isn’t cheap. Besides struggling with their daily lives, these moms have to deal with expensive student loans too. It is a good thing that there are special education grants, intended for single moms, available out there. Some of them are:
- Financial Assistance. Depending on the condition and income, there are different government financial aid available. Visit GoColledge.com to learn the application procedure and the qualification.
- Pell Grant. This is a federal assistance for single moms. Check with Department of Education to learn more about it.
- Other grants. You can visit Single Mother Help or Single Moms Income to know the various grants that may help with your situation.
Once you know the right channel, you may get the needed help for scholarships and tuition. Trust me, these assistances are super handy and they can make a significant difference on your condition – and financial standing.
Job Placement and Career Training Assistance
Not all moms are lucky enough to get the dream job. In most cases, they may be stuck in a poor, dead-end job that will get them nowhere – no possibility of higher career or better pay. In fact, these kinds of jobs have so little pay and yet with long hours. Unfortunately, the single moms don’t have the time (or the money) to join training programs. If they can get the help with the training programs or they can be assisted with the employment placement program – to make sure that they will get better career chances – it would be a game changer for them.
The programs may include:
- Department of Labor USA. This federal department is able to place the right people on the right spot. You can also take part in the career training program that will improve your ability and better chances
- Goodwill. This program is completely for single moms and they have different kinds of programs. Their main purpose is to help single moms have a balance finance, career, and family.
- Local Career Assistance Center. You should look for one in your city because most cities have such a center. They are mostly working with the government directly, including the state’s unemployment service. These centers will help with better employment placement and career training. Use the online search to find one at your city.
- Women’s Bureau. If you check the official website, you should be able to find a lot of information. This program has various resources for job placement, job training, and also other programs related to labor force on women. If you want to know the information about the right assistance, check with them.
There are still many more assistance and help that single moms can get, such as medical assistance or general childcare. Being mom is the hardest job in the world and the government knows this. That’s why they want to make the moms’ burden lighter and easier. As long as you know how to get government assistance for single mothers 2018, you may get the help that you need.